Yes, you read that right – the new Google Nexus 6P comes to us from China, more precisely from Huawei . But this is already bad news. What interests us is to see exactly what this phone has to offer and what kind of performance it has. As Wired , Verge and USA Today say this is the best Nexus ever, and now we’ll check to see if that’s really the case.
How does the Nexus 6P lie in your hand?
I have to admit, great. When you take it in your hand, you will feel as if you have always wanted and held this particular phone. The Nexus 6P is made of metal and has a unibody case . This means that it is strong and resistant to shocks, but also that you cannot change its battery. By the way, the “P” mark in the name of this model means “Premium” and you will really have the impression that you have a premium product in your hands.
Despite the 5.7-inch display , you can hold the Nexus 6P in one hand and do some basic operations. However, you will need both hands to be able to do anything more serious (such as typing) on this phone. With dimensions of 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3 millimeters and a weight of 178 grams, this model is slightly smaller and thinner than the Nexus 6 model. Just the slightly smaller dimensions of the Nexus 6P allow it to be much more comfortable to use than its predecessor.
As for the colors, gray, black and white are available to you, and if you want to beautify your device, you can do it with colorful cases that can already be found all over the Internet .
What’s new in hardware with the Nexus 6P?
There are a couple of news related to the Nexus family when it comes to hardware, so it’s best to go in order:
- 12 megapixel camera – this is a novelty on Nexus phones, because the cameras on earlier models were slightly weaker. 4K videos are even supported.
- 8 MP front camera – and this is an improvement and is fully in line with the competition that is increasingly investing in “selfie” camera.
- Snapdragon 810 processor with 8 cores – no surprises here, the classic octa-core Snapdragon 810 v2.1 with a clock speed of 2GHz and 3 GB of RAM was used
- 3450 mAh battery – this battery allows you over 10 hours of active internet use, 23 hours of talk time and 440 hours in standby mode. This is more than enough for every average person. and even the demanding user.
- fingerprint reader, he exploded – fingerprint reader is located on the back of the phone, so forget about the standard masks and holster for your phone. It will take you a while to get used to this option, but on the other hand, this fingerprint reader works flawlessly, so it won’t be that difficult for you to start using it.
- USB-C charger – unfortunately, the Nexus 6P still doesn’t offer wireless charging, but there is charging via a USB-C cable. The phone will be fully charged in about half an hour, which significantly reduces the charging speed compared to classic chargers. The USB-C port still does not allow data transfer, but we expect this option to be supported soon.
- very loud stereo speakers – these speakers are very high quality and give full and loud sound, so you will hear great what is coming from your phone.
Pure Android 6 Marshmallow only on Nexus 6P phone
Every phone manufacturer adds something of their own to the Andrioid operating system and that’s great because every OS on different phone brands is a little different. However, the disadvantage of this approach is that we have to wait for the manufacturer to adapt the new version of the operating system to its software add-ons (and hardware) and only then can we use the new version. That’s one of the reasons mobile app developers love the Nexus the most – they have pure Android and can upgrade very quickly when a new version comes out.
If you also want to have a pure Android experience without Huawei, Samsung, HTC or Sony accessories, then the Nexus is the right thing for you. If you opt for the Nexus 6P you will have access to the latest Android Marshmallow and you will be able to enjoy some new features like Doze and Google on Tap.
Is it worth buying a Nexus 6P?
Oh yes, it’s worth it . If you are a fan of high-end phones, enjoy Android and use Google services, then this is the perfect phone for you. The Nexus 6P can match the Samsung Galaxy S6 (plus and edge), Sony Xperia Z5, and even iPhone 6S models in all technical characteristics, and it costs much cheaper. It is up to $ 100 cheaper abroad, so we expect it to be the same on the domestic market.
The Nexus 6P is fast, powerful, with a very powerful battery, it looks great, it fits well in the hand and Android just flies on it. So now tell me what else could you want from a phone?